Thursday 18 October 2012

Final submission + progression photoes


Car Showroom

I have designed a car showroom which took me sometime to come up with the idea. I choose the idea of designing a car showroom because my two concepts where Movement and rotation. I came up with these two concepts after detailed study of the Maggie's centre fife architecture designed by Zaha hadid which i choose in project 1.   Therefore i had an idea of doing a design that got to do with cars.

 Looking at the building itself will not show these two concepts, but after i had  look on Zaha hadids architecture i realized that the edges of the building is manipulated to show these two concepts which are Movement and Rotation by stretching and rotating the edges. I tried to do the same thing by rotating the bottom edges of the design and had it accomplished successfully. However i also showed these two concepts in a direct way and that is by adding spiral stairs and other features which i added in my design, not mentioning the main purpose of the building.












 

No comments:

Post a Comment